Friday, October 25, 2013

Recycled Party Hat

So, this weekend I have a baby turning one!  I don't know where this last year went, but we are of course having a party.  Hmmm.  A party?  I don't have any party hats.  Well, not except for some Winnie the Pooh Ones that I'm already planning on using for a theme next year (courtesy of a garage sale find), and Princess hats left over from my daughters birthday.  Can't use princess for a boy and not going to use Pooh.  I just want one picture with a hat on his head since it's his first birthday. And I've made all the other decorations, so it doesn't make sense to go shopping for some Dino décor, just for a silly hat.

That's It!  I'll just recycle one of the old princess hats!

Well, there was no way I was going to come up with a cone shape to cover up the old hat.  And I still wanted the shape from the previously purchased hat.  I didn't have time to start something from scratch.  So, I just started ripping pieces of paper (I used three different colors), grabbed a glue stick, and stuck them on.  Then, I cut out my dinosaur and glued it to the front of the hat.  And, there we have it: a quick, inexpensive hat for the birthday boy!


 
 
Love It!

1 comment: